In 2001 a core group of labour and employment lawyers from Claeys & Engels (Belgium), Capstan (France), Sagardoy (Spain), Castegnaro (Luxembourg) and Toffoletto (Italy) laid the foundation blocks of Ius Laboris.
The launch of the Alliance was followed by a rapid expansion across Europe, the Americas, and more recently, Asia Pacific.
When recruiting new member firms, the Alliance always carried out a thorough due diligence, ensuring that we invited only the very best firms in each jurisdiction.
Today, Ius Laboris is far more than a group of firms exchanging referrals: it is a genuine Alliance of common interests – as was intended by the founders. We have created an integrated Alliance whose name has penetrated the market place and whose reputation has been built on one common Ius Laboris brand, which promises delivery of the same high quality product to clients wherever they may be operating in the world.
Ius Laboris timeline
- Alliance launched in 2001 by 5 firms in Europe
- Argentina becomes the first Latin American member in 2002
- In 2005 the Alliance grows to 30 members around the world
- United States, in 2007, joins Ius Laboris
- Australia becomes the first Asia Pacific member in 2008
- 2011 marks the 10th anniversary of Ius Laboris
|Our International Practice Groups|