Ius Laboris works with corporations to ensure compliance and give a clear understanding of the rules relating information processing and how to comply with employee privacy rights. After all, data privacy is a hot topic in the technological age and raises important issues for individuals and businesses alike.
Public Attention to Data Privacy
At Ius Laboris, we understand that data privacy is an evolving area of law and that it can be hard for businesses to keep pace. This is why our data privacy lawyers act as your partners in managing privacy and data protection for your workforce. Our data privacy experts work to ensure compliance with privacy and data protection laws. They offer advice on all kinds of workplace privacy issues and all forms of data processing, including collection, storage, use, retention, rectification and deletion.
We provide legal advice on a whole range of data protection issues. This is some of what we do:
- Data audits based on the processing activities of the client
- Providing help and advice with data protection compliance on a worldwide basis (including the GDPR in Europe)
- Setting up appropriate documentation and policies to ensure compliance
- Advising on data security
- Helping clients deal with data breaches
- Helping manage the relationship with data protection authorities
- Providing help and advice on any topic where the rights of the company may conflict with the privacy rights of employees (including as the screening of employees before and during employment, the use of social media, the monitoring of electronic communications, camera surveillance, the recording of phone conversations and whistleblowing)
To ensure we keep abreast of all developments in the field of data privacy, our lawyers have formed the Data Privacy Expert Group, which collaborates to provide guidance across Ius Laboris and to our clients worldwide.