Drafting & enforcing post-employment non-compete & non-solicitation agreements - US complimentary webinar
- Start date:
- 11 Jan 2018
- Start time:
- End date:
- 11 Jan 2018
- End time:
About the Program
If drafted appropriately, Non-Competition Agreements can help employers retain valuable employees, protect its confidential information and customers, and prevent unfair competition. They can also be utterly useless.
Yet, since the law generally disfavors non-compete agreements, the language in these contracts is tricky and wrought with loop holes that could easily make them unenforceable or otherwise inadequate.
This practical, information-packed webinar will guide you through the legal considerations and best practices for drafting enforceable non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements. Topics include:
- Benefits, limitations, and types of restrictive covenants
- How to draft post-employment restrictive covenants for maximum effectiveness and enforceability
- Key provisions to include in non-compete agreements
- Who is protected and who is covered
- Drafting considerations and best practices
- Other types of post-employment provisions
- Termination policies and practices to ensure swift and effective enforcement of restrictive covenants when an employee departs
- Review of recent legislation nationwide and major differences among states
- FordHarrison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This course is approved for 1 hour of PDCs.
- This program is also pre-approved by HRCI for 1 hour of PHR, GPHR, and SPHR recertification credit.
To register for this complimentary webinar, please click here. Please note that this event will take place between 1 - 2 pm Eastern time.
Jeffrey D. Mokotoff